After some discussion and weighing of options, we've settled on the northern route. It has the highest quantity of ridiculous things to do and see, and we all agree that Nebraska is boring. (Sorry Nebraska. I'm sure you're a lovely place to live, but you look like hell to drive through.)
So, assuming the rest of Team America: Road Police agrees, I'm thinking we break the trip up as follows:
Day One: Leesburg, VA to Toledo, OH
(approximately 7 hours driving time)
Day Two: Toledo, OH to Wisconsin Dells, WI
(approximately 7 hours driving time)
Day Three: Wisconsin Dells, WI to Bismarck, ND
(approximately 9 hours driving time)
Day Four: Bismarck, ND to Butte, MT
(approximately 9 hours driving time)
Day Five: Butte, MT to Portland, OR
(approximately 10 hours driving time)
Ordinarily, I think I would try to front-load the driving time and take longer in the earlier days, before we get tired of driving. However, Jamie and a bunch of wacky attractions are in Wisconsin Dells, so I want to hit there when we can actually spend a little bit of time. This also puts our longest haul on the day when we will be "home" - which means guaranteed place to stay, food to eat, etc. As long as we get up early in Butte, we can be in Portland in time for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment