Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rocky Mountain High

Our last day of driving is another long one. I have a feeling we’ll be ready to Just Get There by then, so stops will probably be less frequent. There are still some neat eatery opportunities if stopping strikes our fancy, though.

Kellogg, ID

If we need to stop and see some whimsical metal art, this will probably also be pretty close to lunch time. It comes about three hours in.
Mountain Cafe - They’re only open for breakfast and lunch, and they have a meal called the Hangover Helper. Obviously they know we’re coming.
My Big Fat Greek Deli - HOMEMADE BAKLAVA. I mean, and also other foods. But, homemade baklava.

Couer d’Alene, ID

We hit Couer d’Alene around an hour past Kellogg. This could be lunch if we decide not to stop in for the whimsical metal sculptures.
Best Sandwich Shack - Apparently the sandwiches are the best. People particularly rave about the Philly Cheesesteaks. And you get a free brownie while supplies last!
Capone’s Pub & Grill - “Idaho Nachos” is probably just a fancy word for “cheese fries”...but, ya know, cheese fries. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with that.
Shugar Shack Chocolatier - People keep telling me that chocolate is not a lunch food, and I keep telling them to shut up, they don’t tell me what to do, I do what I want.

Spokane, WA

If we want to get on across another state line before we stop, however, then we land in Spokane. It’ll probably be our last serious stop before Portland - we should probably stop in with the Suction Goat to get rid of our travel trash.
Riverfront Park - I wouldn’t mind a picnic here at the home of the World’s Largest Radio Flyer Wagon.
The Flying Goat - The pizza looking pretty amazing, but they also have some pretty delicious-looking salads. We could probably feed everybody lunch here.
Frank’s Diner - It’s in a train car! A presidential train car! How cool is that?
Boo Radley’s - This is not food, but I feel like I have to stop here, because it looks like so much fun. Also, it’s called Boo Radley’s.

1 comment: