Tomorrow is the big day. At approximately 10 a.m., Pat, Kate, and Daniel (Kate's brother) will arrive at my house to pick me up, and we will be headed north and west.
Things I have done to prepare:
- purchased a cooler, bottled water, soda, hummus, and fruit, as well as hummus vehicles (Pretzel Crisps and Pita Chips) and Chex Mix. Did you know Original Chex Mix is vegan? We had no idea until this past Friday. Learning! But I digress. Snacks are good to have between stops, and they are much much cheaper purchased ahead of time at the grocery store than purchased bit by bit at gas stations.
- Got my hair and nails done. People will be taking pictures, and I am not about looking trashy in pictures. And with a can of dry shampoo, I can make this blowout last all the way to Portland.
- Pulled all the clothes I intend to take along. They just barely fit in the small suitcase. Since I will also have shoes and toiletries and whatnot, we're just gonna go on and upgrade to the large suitcase.
- Sent all the emails to make sure my work is covered while I'm out of town
Things I still need to do to prepare:
- OH GOD SO MANY THINGS. I need to check in with Jamie about meeting up with her in Wisconsin, and I need to get my hair products and whatnot into their little travel bottles, and I need to buy Kate some Diet Dr. Pepper, and I have to make sure I'm taking the right pajamas, and I need to check all the weather and figure out if I'm going to need long sleeves other than the light jacket I already washed, and I need to pick up some Excedrin, and I need to check the mail for my prescriptions, and I need to print out the maps/directions, and y'all, I really can't stand here talking. I've gotta go.
No comments:
Post a Comment